The English for Tourism and Hospitality course is designed to give you the practice and skills you need to communicate with guests and tourists.
The course covers the following areas
- The vocabulary of tourism and holidays
- Travel agents, travel and airports
- Tourist information and giving directions
- Giving advice to visitors
- Arranging and describing accommodation
- Hotel reservations, bookings and dealing with guests
- Planning, running and reporting on events
- The vocabulary for restaurants, bars and eating out.
- Dealing with travel problems
- Customer complaints and problems in the restaurant
- Ethical tourism
This course focuses on the practical language. Functional language such as that used in being polite is presented in context and practised using role plays and tasks reflecting the day-to-day needs of professionals working with visitors to their home town or country. English for Tourism and Hospitality is ideal for pre-service and in-service personnel.